You received a Division Order because our title records show you own an interest in the property described on the Division Order form. A Division Order is a document that indicates a new well(s) have been drilled or a transfer of interest has occurred. You may also receive a Division Order on an existing well, if Liberty takes over operations of the well from another company. The following information is listed on a Division Order:

  1. The well(s) for which revenue will be distributed

  2. The operator of the well(s) listed

  3. The owner's remittance address

  4. The owner’s ID with Liberty Resources

  5. The owner's decimal interest in the property, which is their proportionate share of the production from the well(s)

  6. The owner’s pay or suspense status

If we do not have a Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number on file, Liberty will request the owner complete and return a W-9 that we will provide with the Division Order. The owner is asked to sign and return the Division Order showing that they agree with Liberty's Resources records. Liberty Resources uses this information to remit the appropriate portion of proceeds from oil and gas sales to each owner. A Division Order does NOT alter or amend the lease in any way.

Federal Law requires that individuals provide a Social Security Number (SSN) and partnerships provide a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) for the owner account. If the appropriate TIN or SSN is not received, Liberty Resources may suspend revenue until this SSN or TIN is received. Federal law requires you to furnish your Social Security or Taxpayer Identification Number. Failure to comply will result in 28% tax withholding and will not be refundable by payer. Please click on the link below to access a W-9 Form.

W-9 Link

Royalty checks are mailed around the 25th of each month. Please allow sufficient time for delivery by the postal service before contacting us. If you believe your check may be lost or stolen, you may request a stop payment by contacting Liberty at the address or e-mail below. Please be advised that checks are reissued in the next regularly scheduled monthly revenue distribution (or biannual minimum suspense distribution for amounts under $50).

 Physical Address
Liberty Resources
1200 17th Street, Suite 2200
Denver, CO 80202  
Please provide your owner number and the month of the check which you did not receive.

If you are a current interest owner and wish to receive revenue payments by direct deposit, please complete and return to Liberty the enrollment form attached to the link below along with an original, voided check. Please be advised it may take up to two months for your direct deposit to be implemented.  After enrollment, your future payments will be directly deposited into your US bank account. To cancel direct deposits, you must notify us in writing. All cancellations require two (2) weeks for processing.

Once your direct deposit begins, you will no longer receive a paper check. Your check detail will be available via, which has the capability to notify you via email when your revenue check detail is available. The EnergyLink customer service team can assist you in establishing an account, along with answering any EnergyLink related questions you may have. You can reach EnergyLink customer service by calling (888) 573-3364 within the US.

Please contact EnergyLink directly for any instructions on using the EnergyLink system. Liberty will not be able to assist you with this process.

Direct Deposit Enrollment Form

Form1099 Misc. is used to report royalty and rental payments. Liberty Resources will mail these forms by January 31st of each year.

The IRS does not require 1099 Misc. forms for:

   -Royalty income of less than $10 in a year

   -Rental income of less than $600 in a year


1099's will be mailed annually before January 31st.

If you require an electronic copy of your 1099 be emailed to you we ask that you provide the following information via email to

Name on the account:
Last 4 of the SSN associated with the account:
Mailing address (to verify we have an updated address on file):

The deduction portion of your 1099 can include the following:

Extraction Tax
Gathering Fee North Dakota
North Dakota Witholdings
Other Plant Fees
Processing Fee
Severance Tax
Stomping Horse Processing Fee

Please review your latest Revenue Statement in order to review which fees apply to your account. The following legend can assist you in understanding the breakdown for these deductions:

EXT= Extraction Tax
GFND= Gathering Fee North Dakota
NDWH= North Dakota Withholding (this amount is listed on your 1099 form)
OPF= Other Plant Fees
PRC= Processing Fee
SEV= Severance Tax
SHPF= Stomping Horse Processing Fee

If you have additional questions regarding these deductions please email us at

Many factors contribute to payment variances, including production volumes, market conditions, and oil and gas price fluctuations.

The most common reasons for which payments are suspended include: a title defect, a title dispute, an assignment of interest, notice of death, lack of a completed W-9 indicating the owner's Taxpayer Identification Number or Social Security Number, or in the event of an incorrect address.


North Dakota law permits Liberty Resources to hold proceeds until the total amount accrued under an owner’s account equals $100 with twice yearly distributions for these amounts under $100. However, Liberty will distribute revenue for non-suspended accounts which have accrued to at least $50. Twice a year, typically in the spring and fall, Liberty Resources distributes checks for non-suspended accounts under $50.

For security purposes, Liberty Resources requires all address changes in writing along with either the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number OR owner ID and a signature. Please click on the link below to access the change of address form. The form contains return instructions.

Change of Address Form 

Liberty Resources requires that you provide proper, recorded, probate documentation (must be recorded in the county where the property is situated) transferring interest from the owner of record to the appropriate heirs/devisees. All documentation must be up to the legal title standards of the state where the property is situated. We recommend you contact an estate attorney who is licensed to practice in the state where the property is situated. A resource for locating an attorney can be found by clicking the link below

Find Law Website

Liberty Resources requires that you provide power of attorney (POA) or other legal documentation. If you do not have such documentation, then the owner of the account you are inquiring about must send a letter with their signature giving Liberty Resources permission to release information on their account. We accept a typed or written note with owner’s signature via e-mail, fax or US-mail. Please provide the last 4 digits of the owner’s Social Security Number OR owner ID. Please be advised we may call the owner of the account for verification.


Mineral owners and interest owners who want to sell or lease are welcome to contact Liberty’s owner relations team through the contact information below. You do not need to have an owner account with Liberty prior to contacting us regarding selling or leasing your interest.  Please have the state, section, township, and range of your interest available prior to calling, as Liberty will need this information in order to proceed.

Physical Address:

Liberty Resources

1200 17th Street, Suite 2200

Denver, CO 80202


Owner Relations Phone Line:



Physical Address:

Liberty Resources

1200 17th St., Suite 2200

Denver, CO 80202


*Please provide name, owner number and the description of the property in which you own interest.

Owner Relations Phone Line:

303-749-5727 *

* This will send you to a voice message system. Please leave a detailed message about your issue so that we may research and/or resolve it prior to returning your call. We make the best effort to respond to calls within 0-2 business days. Please also note the owner relations line is not maintained on holidays, weekends, and certain Fridays. Leaving one, detailed voice message is the best way to ensure a rapid response. Alternatively, you are welcome to reach us via email at


New check detail required by the North Dakota regulatory change that was approved in 2018 that goes into effective as of 07/01/19 (NDIC rulebook Royalty Statements – Chapter 43.02.06). Please see the below attachments for more details on these changes:

North Dakota Regulation Changes to Check Details Letter to Owners

North Dakota Chapter Code 43-02-06 Royalty Statement Regulations